Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nike Expotique & Spring Team Girls Reunion

Thursday evening was all about TNT past and present, with no running involved!

My first stop was the Cheesecake Factory overlooking Union Square. I promised to bring dessert to my "spring team girls" dinner party/reunion, and there's nothing better this time of year than pumpkin pecan cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I don't even like cheesecake, but this dessert is to die for! (It helps that I looooove pumpkin.) If you've never had it, I highly recommend it, but get it now before it's gone, as it's only sold seasonally.

Before I could leave San Francisco and head to Sharon's new house in San Ramon for dinner, I had to walk across the street to check out the Nike Expotique in Union Square. It was like no other running expo I've ever been to -- not that I have that many to compare it to, but still! There were manicure and massage stations, and Thursday was ladies night!

I met a bunch of my teammates there: Heather, Jenny, Shannon, Lynsey, and Janice. We enjoyed seeing well-known athletes, including Brandy Chastain and the first ever women's Olympic marathon champion Joan Benoit Samuelson. Plus, we got to partake in complimentary wine, crackers, cheese and fruit. Pretty snazzy expo, if you ask me!

Post-expo, I reunited with Tonya, Sharon, Ginny, Becca, and Shanin. It was great to see so many of the girls who helped me complete my first 26.2 miles! Tonya has been training on her own for the Nike Women's Half, and Shanin recently ran the Rock and Roll San Jose Half-Marathon. Yea girls! We had a wonderful time catching up and hope to do it again during the holidays.

No comments: