Sunday, October 19, 2008

Team Oz Rocked the Nike Women's Marathon!

I don't think I've ever cheered so loudly or so long for so many people before! And I'd never spectated at a major race, either. But I have now, and I loved it! I must say, however, that I am wiped out! Granted, my exhaustion is nothing like that of the participants who ran and walked, but it's very real. It's as much from cheering as it is from volunteering in the TNT finisher's tent after the race handing out sandwiches and cookies. But I'll get to that when I write more about the day.

For now, it suffices to say that Team Oz rocked the Nike Women's Marathon! Everyone finished, and some of my teammates even had personal records. On a hilly course in San Francisco, that's most impressive. Look for more details in the days to come. Congratulations team -- I'm so proud of you!

Here's a link to the San Francisco Chronicle article.


1 comment:

Lynsey said...

Thank you so much for organizing the cheer section that we had yesterday! You guys picked a perfect spot to cheer us on and believe me it gave me an extra boost. I'm sore but recovering :) I'm looking forward to my next half in January and am hoping to finish with a quicker pace :)