Saturday, August 23, 2008

Honoree Potluck: Sufficiently Inspired

Today's honoree potluck (following our 6-mile run) was amazing. I'm a bit at a loss for words. I have my own connection to the LLS cause, but meeting and hearing the stories of our team honorees was phenomenal. I can hardly begin to imagine what they've been through. Listening to them describe their experiences -- the physical and emotional roller coasters they've ridden -- with smiles on their faces, was immensely inspirational. I'm so honored to run for all of them.

Chris asked me at the beginning of the fall season why I was running with TNT again. After all, I'm capable of running on my own, having done the SF Marathon (half) in early August. Today is why. It's not just about running and feeling healthy, or trying to set a new personal best. It's about the team camaraderie and, most of all, it's about the amazing individuals I run in honor of. It's about raising money for something I believe in; something that can really make a difference in the world. Something much larger than me.

No comments: