Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Season, New Blog

I've started this new blog to chronicle the fall TNT season. You can still view my original blog for the spring season at laurapayette.vox.com. I won’t take it down!

Brand New Season

It's official, we have kicked off the fall Team In Training season! I’m super excited to train with the team again and to get to know all of the participants. I think most are feeling a mixture of excitement and trepidation (e.g., “What have I signed up for?!”). I just hope they have as much fun as I did, and it’s part of my “job” as community captain to make sure that happens! (No pressure)

We have eight or nine team honorees already this season! A few of them spoke at kickoff this morning in Berkeley, and they were amazing. Some are even going to be training for an event with the team. I’m so honored to be paying tribute to them. I’m trying to get Julie to be a team honoree, as well. She’s the aunt of my friend (and former co-worker), Nicole. Julie has successfully marked the first 100+ days following her bone marrow transplant. That’s not to say she’s out of the woods, but she’s steadily recovering.

The Off-Season

I’ve been running regularly since late June, mostly with Kirsten and Tonya, but also with other folks from the spring team. It’s amazing to think how much I used to enjoy running alone, plugged into my iPod. Now I can’t imagine not running with at least one other person. In fact, tomorrow I’m running the first half of the San Francisco Marathon with Kirsten!

In theory, you can follow along as I run by going to www.runraceresults.com/live1!. (Not sure whether the exclamation point is part of the URL or not, so you may have to try it without.) My bib number is 10151. If that URL doesn't work (it isn't live yet), try simply www.runraceresults.com. The race starts at 5:30 AM -- yes, as in really, really early. Fortunately, I'm not ridiculously fast, so I don't start until wave 8, at 6:25am! More on the outcome after it's all said and done!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. Only run with my iPod inside (ugh). Outside with friends is best! So... let's plan on running together sometime soon!