Friday, August 15, 2008

Solo run in SF

I'm so bummed to have missed Thursday night's buddy run! I managed to at least get a run in on my own (50 minutes); it was the first fresh air I'd gotten in two days. (I worked 26 hours in two days)

I ran along the Marina and Crissy Field - the same route that the half-marathon followed on August 3. It was so foggy you couldn't see the Golden Gate Bridge above the base piles in the water.

There are these really cool art installations all along Crissy Field right now - they're huge globes that have been decorated with different global warming themes (http://www.coolglobes.com/sanfran.php). I wanted to stop to look more closely, but I had to just get the run done so I could go back to work.

At the end of my run there was a huge group of runners stretching together. I thought it might have been a San Francisco TNT team, but they didn't do any cheers at the end before heading out to run. Definitely NOT TNT! I can't wait to run with everyone Saturday; it's so much more fun to run as a team than it is to go it alone. Go Team!

No comments: