Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tahoe -- Running at a Distance

Apparently I missed out on a really fun run this morning! From the looks of my teammate's comments on Facebook, there was a major after-run celebration that involved not only breakfast, but also shots! (Not sure of what...tequila?) The drinks were in honor of Michelle's birthday. (I ran with Michelle last spring, too; she's now a mentor.)

I missed the team run in Danville because I'm in Tahoe! I did get a run in, but it wasn't the full 8 miles (or even 6) that I was scheduled to run. I settled for about 4, which I thought was pretty good considering Chris and I went mountain biking before my run, and the elevation is much higher here! Distance aside, it was an absolutely gorgeous day to be outdoors in Tahoe. The lake is so phenomenally blue I can't get over it! We took a few pictures that I'll post once back home.

I'm hoping to get another 4-mile run in tomorrow, but Chris and I also want to go hiking and maybe even bouldering outdoors, so I'll just see how my body feels. Right now I'm pleasantly exhausted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit my blog:

http://bali-universe.blogspot.com

Good luck