Thursday, November 13, 2008

San Antonio, here I come!

It's T-minus 3 days and counting! And today is my last day in Colorado before heading to the great Republic of Texas. I have almost finished decorating my TNT shirt. It has a bit more bling than my singlet for the San Diego race and, of course, lots of puff paint! Now I just have to pack, and I really hope I don't forget anything. Fortunately, I still have my master list from the last race, so that should help.

I would encourage you to read Kelsie's most recent blog post: http://thenospinzone-kelsie.blogspot.com/2008/11/michael-5k-is-five-kilometers-not-5000.html. I'll be running with her this weekend in San Antonio and am so proud not only of her, but also of all of my teammates who will have completed their first half- or full marathon and raised a lot of money for a good cause by the end of this training season. It's a phenomenal achievement and one that anybody can accomplish.

Maybe you have a different goal or dream you'd like to achieve. Whatever it is, I really want to encourage you to go after it. Maybe it's been on your To Do list for a long time and maybe it's brand new. But none of us is getting any younger. So, taking a cue from Kelsie's post, ask yourself, What do I really want to achieve? What is my dream? Then I want you to do the following:
  1. Write it down.
  2. Add a "by when" -- set a date by which you'd like to realize this goal.
  3. Email it to me! I'm curious to know what you're inspired to accomplish, and I'd like to help you get there.
And with that, I'm off to pack my bags. Happy "goaling" and I'll look for your emails following my race!

1 comment:

Ordinary Girl said...

CONGRATS LAURA! i can't wait to see all the pics when you guys all get back : )!