Monday, September 22, 2008

Rock climbing!

I set up rock climbing as a fund-raiser (just like last season) at Diablo Rock Gym, where Chris and I have been members for over 3-1/2 years. So on Sunday, four of my fabulous teammates brought their friends and joined me for an indoor adventure! Two of our team honorees, Brian and Janice, along with Lisa and Ernie, represented Team Oz. Plus, Lisa brought Dave, and Janice brought all of SF State! Okay, she didn't bring the whole university, but it sure seemed like it! Boy can she rally her friends. Go Janice!

I think everyone had a good time. It definitely took a long time for the gym staff to teach the group of 18 (give or take) how to climb, but once we got through it, everyone spread out around the gym and gave it a shot. Some people were like monkeys; I was amazed. The first time I climbed I was terrified!

Janice wasn't so sure about the wall height (about 32 feet). She got about halfway up and wanted to come down. She made me laugh out loud when she said, "I'd rather run another 10 miles!" I said, "You never thought you'd be saying that, did you?!" Ernie tried to encourage her to keep going, but to no avail. To her credit, she tried several more routes -- she didn't make it quite to the top, but she kept at it!

Lisa, Brian, and Ernie all climbed several routes each. Hooray Team!

No comments: